Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not MY recipes, just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference you can consult again and again rather than a daily inspiration. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Recipe Amount Conversions

I just found the coolest website! I am trying out a new cake doughnut recipe, and it calls for 8 oz. of sifted flour. Is the author kidding me? I need to know how many cups that is. Well, I used Google to look up converting ounces to cups for flour, and I found this great website that calculates the conversion for me:

http://www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/flour_volume_weight.html

So now I know that this is approximately 1.8 cups of flour. My measuring cup has 1/8 cup increments, so I did the math (See? Math is very useful! Even for eating!) and found that I will need to use just over 1 and 6/8 cups.

I figured you might find this website handy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment