Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not MY recipes, just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference you can consult again and again rather than a daily inspiration. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spice Cabinet Heaven

Scott and I have been eating leftovers all week from the Christmas festivities. It's nice not to need to cook to have full meals every day! That's right. Full. Meals. My mom cooked enough for an army on Christmas! However, the dense, homemade bread from Saturday's brunch did not last long at all. Like, I think it was gone Sunday. That was okay, because I had a bag full of my mom's homemade yeast rolls to tide me over, but the end is drawing near. So...

Today, I'm making another batch of the French bread. (Now, I know it's not a proper "French bread," but let's just say it's a long skinny loaf, okay?) Anyhoo, I opened my spice cabinet to get the salt for the bread, and I got a little whiff of heaven. That small cabinet has been my spice cabinet for over 4 years, and it is nice and seasoned, believe me. It smells like love!

No comments:

Post a Comment