Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not recipes authored by me. Rather, this is just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference FOR ME so I don't lose great food I've found nor the changes I've made to suit my tastes, but I'm happy for you to use it, too. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cherry Gin Smash

 
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm! This recipe from Country Living magazine is over-the-top yummy, and it could easily be a non-alcoholic cocktail as there is only 2 oz. of gin in it.  It will be on my Memorial Day menu along with marinated-tofu-and-pepper kebabs, grilled asparagus, and cherry pie.  Thank you, Country Living!
 
 
 
 
Ingredients:
6 fresh sour or Bing cherries, pitted
1/2 t. sugar
juice of 1/2 fresh lime
2 oz. gin (optional)
ice
ginger ale to fill glass
lime wedge (for garnish)
 
Method:
In a cocktail shaker, combine the pitted cherries and the sugar.  Muddle with a pestle until cheries release their juice.  Add juice of 1/2 fresh lime and, if using, 2 oz. gin.  Add 2 cubes of ice to the shaker, and shake vigorously.  Strain into a glass with ice.  Tope cherry mixture with  ginger ale and garnish with a lime wedge.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment