Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not recipes authored by me. Rather, this is just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference FOR ME so I don't lose great food I've found nor the changes I've made to suit my tastes, but I'm happy for you to use it, too. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mexican Slaw

I'm excited to share this utterly simple, utterly healthy, utterly delish side dish recipe with you from Rick Bayless's Authentic Mexican cookbook.  This goes perfectly with oven-baked burritos, but I know you'll find many other perfect combinations for it, too. 




Ingredients:
1/2 small head cabbage (about 10 ounces)
2 thin slices of onion, broken into rings
3 T. cider vinegar
2 T. canola oil
1/2 t. salt

Method:
Core the cabbage and slice it very thinly.  Place it in a bowl with the onion.
Mix the vinegar, oil, and salt, then toss with the cabbage and onions.
Voila!  Refrigerate until ready to use.
Serves 4 - 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment