Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not recipes authored by me. Rather, this is just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference FOR ME so I don't lose great food I've found nor the changes I've made to suit my tastes, but I'm happy for you to use it, too. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Best-Ever Vegan Chocolate Sorbet

I previously published the following recipe about 8 years ago, and it still is really too good to be true...dangerously delicious. I make it every summer!
I got the original recipe from Southern Living magazine, and I've been making it so long I don't even know or remember if I do anything differently than they suggested.  I can't find it online anymore, so maybe they didn't love it as much as I do.
 

Ingredients:
5 c. water
2 ¼ c. sugar
1 c. cocoa
1 bag vegan chocolate chips

1. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a stockpot. Boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved (about 1 minute). Whisk in cocoa until blended (no lumps). Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually add the chocolate chips, whisking until smooth after each addition. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a freezer-safe container (like popsicle molds!).
3. Move the ice cream to your kitchen freezer, and let it “cure” in the freezer for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment