Welcome!

Welcome to Romeo's Food Lady! This blog contains recipes for delicious vegetarian food. Most of these are not recipes authored by me. Rather, this is just a compilation of great veggie food I've found from all over the place, usually tweaked just a little. It's intended to be a reference FOR ME so I don't lose great food I've found nor the changes I've made to suit my tastes, but I'm happy for you to use it, too. After more than 25 years of being a vegetarian, I know what tastes good.
Romeo's Food Lady is named after my friend and cat, Romeo. Romeo is not a vegetarian, but his Food Lady is!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lemony Cauliflower Sauté

This is a good side dish for Middle Eastern food OR for Italian food.  It's one I made up, so it's nice and simple.  The photo shows it with green bell pepper, because that's what I had tonight, but I think red looks prettier.



Ingredients:
1 T. olive oil
1 bell pepper, any color, deseeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
12-oz. bag frozen cauliflower
2 scallions, chopped
juice of one lemon
 
 
Method:
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the sliced bell pepper, onion, and celery with salt and pepper, to taste.  Sauté 5 minutes, then add the frozen cauliflower and additional salt, to taste.  Sauté until the onions are translucent and the cauliflower is soft to bite and lightly browned.  Add the chopped scallions and sauté 1 - 2 minutes more, then add the lemon juice and toss to coat.  Serve warm.  Serves 2 -4 as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment